Thursday, January 10, 2008

...MY HUSBAND


Antonio O. Odejerte, Jr.

How we met?

A special friend introduced us who happens to be my date on that day at Ayala Center. Nonie just came home that day from a business trip abroad.

After that there are lot of event happened that I refused to talk.

Anyway, my friendship with my husband started when his friend vanished in my life. I was deeply hurt at that time. And he's been there with me to listen. I pour my heart out to him because I cannot stand the pain that I once had, with his friend. My heart was less vague but he made it clear. He's been good, a brother and a true guy friend to me. There and then he started courting me…


How did we end up?

…months passed after that heartbreaking experienced I had, I lead myself to isolation. I was deeply hurt that I can't afford to talk to someone else. We didn't have any communication at all.

Month of February 2005 came when I am reaching my friend through text message that I need a company who will get my Irish friend at the airport for a vacation here in Cebu, the message was accidentally sent to him. He calls me back asking how I am and if the message was for him. I apologized about it.

From there we started going out until the day I was sent to abroad for a business trip. When I got home after the trip I started to realize that I've been missing his company a lot. He's really different. I should say we're in the same direction and principle in our life's perspective. We have something in common.

The 3rd of May came when I finally decided that he's the one that I can give my heart. After a month he popped up the question and flew to US for another business trip. We had long distance relationship for six months.

It was Thanksgiving (Hanukkah) when he spent his vacation to my family at California. It was then he asked my family's permission to marry me.

Year 2006 was a very busy day for both of us preparing for our wedding ceremony. December 21, 2006 by 2:30pm at the Sacred Heart Parish we both vowed to be as one and that day I gave my life to this man.

The man I've been praying for my whole life…the man who will love me and our future children.

No comments:

 
blog comments powered by Disqus